Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dear Dad

Dear Dad,

thank you for the awesome genes in regards to my teeth. I have always taken it for granted that my teeth are awesome. Dr. Nick always used to joke that he could never make any money off of me because there were no problems with my teeth. I always assumed that most people did not have major tooth problems. I have since learned that this is not the case. At lunch the other day I found out that 3 of the 4 coworkers I was eating with all have weak enamel and it is likely they will have an entire mouthful of fake teeth by the time they are 40. These coworkers are also all younger than me. I, knock on wood, do not have that problem and I can be pretty bad to my teeth before there are problems. So it seems the worst that I've gotten is the predisposition to gingivitis, which is preventable with flossing and Listerine. Much easier and cheaper to deal with than enamel that dissolves on contact with soda.

Love Much,
Katina

No comments: