Thursday, November 17, 2005

An Insta-blog

Hello loyal readers (not really, how can you be loyal if I've only had one post?)

Alison (Mrs. Poochie) has tagged me to do a blog questionaire thing, and so, as promised, I am here to deliver. It's Thursday night, do you know where your husband is? Yes, he's at the skate park, and so, I can't watch the normal shows because knowing the whole Survivor episode doesn't make for interesting viewing the second time.

5 Things

10 years ago- I was 14, which means that I was in eigth grade...man, eigth grade. Anyhow, I may or may not have had a boyfriend at that time, if I did, it was Troy. He was a Star Wars nut. He has since gone on into the movie industry...kinda in the same way that Sarah and Alison have gone into the radio industry. I also would have been reading "The Little Prince" for my English class.

8 years ago – Still living in Parker, Colorado, and attending Ponderosa High School. It would have been sophomore year, and on this date, would have been after we won the state marching band trophy (by the way, our drumline kicked ass and were robbed of the "best drumline award" by a stupid judge). I wouldn't have had a boyfriend, but I would have been obsessed with Shawn (one of the drummers, and now my husband). I was in geometry...and biology...and government with Holly from Hell (a teacher in training who said Warshington)

6 years ago - Living in Parker, (still) and finishing high school, for the most part. we would have just finished the last of the marching band seasons that I would ever compete in. Jesse (one of my best friends in high school), would have just started dating Jackie...the girlfriend from hell...but I jest. I also would have been hanging out with Matt, and Ben, and Britton a lot...hmm, Yes, I didn't have any girl friends my senior year.

2 years ago – College, finally college. I would be living with Shawn, Bob, and Tara in Boulder (no, I did not know Alison when we were in college together...but our husbands did know eachother...sorta--Colin was Shawn's TA for Thermodynamics). Not a whole lot would be happening...Shawn was already starting to look for jobs though.

Now – Married, home owner, Texan (??!!?) Working in Watershed Engineering. Yeah, I've grown up.

(As Janet said…..in the past ten years I have lived in Parker, Boulder and Austin...yeah, I know, not very exciting)

Five yummy things:
1) Spaghetti--I like spaghetti.
2) Texas BBQ – it's yummy
3) Chips and Salsa – a new one since I've been going with Shawn...because he hates Mexican food
4) Cheese fondue...I like cheese...lots and lots of cheese.
5) Crab cheese wontons--only thing I like that has seafood...and I get cravings for them.

Five songs I know by heart:
1) Phantom of the Opera songs
2) Well Alright - Buddy Holly
3) So sorry - the Gamits
4) Bullying the Jukebox - Bouncing Souls
5) Salt for your Wounds - AFI

Five things I would do with a lot of money:
1) Buy a house in Colorado!
2) Put some work into the house we currently own
3) go to Europe...a lot!
4) put it into retirement...working for the next 30+ years is not going to be fun.
5) buy new furniture

Five places I would to escape to:
1) Germany
2) Alaska
3) Vegas
4) Ireland
5) California

Five things I would never wear:
1) I'm with Alison on the shoes with buckles...my mom loved them...I didn't.
2) Pants that come above the belly button...another thing my mom loved
3) scrunchies
4) men's briefs
5) going commando

Five favorite TV shows:
1)CSI
2)The Amazing Race
3) House
4) Criminal Minds
5)Survivor

Five things I enjoy doing:
1) talking/hanging with friends
2) Reading books I like
3) going out to eat
4) Seeing movies/watching TV
5) Being around animals

Five Favorite toys:
1) Internet
2) Shawn's laptop
3) Wireless Internet
4) Digital Camera
5) Myth TV (linux TiVO)

Five people who I am tagging to fill this out:
1) Colin
2) Sarah M
3) I don't know who would read my post
4) hmmm, GOD
5) and.....Satan. :)


Remember kids, don't drown, turn around.

No comments: