Sunday, May 28, 2006

To quote Sally Field...

"you like me, right now, you like me!" (And yes, that's what she really said. We just all think she said "you like me, you really like me").

There has been someone posting anonymously, and unlike last time where it seemed as if the person thought this site was asininely dumb (let me digress--this is pretty much mindless blather that would normally go into some sort of journal, if I were into that type of thing...but at the same time, this way if I go off the deep end, then there may be some proof---you know like that guy in Montana who killed an entire family to kidnap to the two youngest children to use as his sex toys, he wrote that he was afraid he was going to hurt small children in his blog...so yeah, you never know), this NEW person likes my site. And there's some one else on the other site (ad-dict-ed) that said they like that site...they may be the same person, but I'm just glad that there's someone else out there that has this site bookmarked aside from my sister, Dani.

but on to today's mindless blather and observations...and if either of you 2 people want me to give my thoughts or write a blog on something specific, please let me know--I still have to get around to dani's request for a coworker's "Now Discover your Strengths" blog....

Alright, so I've been obsessed with Regina Spektor for maybe 3 days now. I found out about her because one of her songs ("Samson") was played at the end of CSI:NY--the one where Stella kills her psycho boyfriend. So I've been listening to "Samson" and "On the Radio" a lot...and I added "Fidelity" to my MySpace page. Dani says that this music seems odd for me. which, I guess so, but not really--it totally reminds me of other music like Rusted Root...which I listened to in college because Sunshine (aptly nicknamed as such because she normally didn't get out of bed until 4pm) liked that music and played it all the time.

But time for my funny observation of this music: Quazi seems obsessed with it too. Everytime I turn on one of the songs, he comes running into the study and jumps up on my lap and stares at the computer speakers for about a minute before he goes to the other chair and goes to sleep. I think he does it because it IS different from the other songs that I usually listen to...mostly because most of the music that sounds similar usually has guys singing, not falsetto pitched women. I should try to get a picture sometime before he becomes too used to it and doesn't react.

No comments: