Monday, January 07, 2013

2012: A Year in Review

What did you do in 2012 that you had never done before?
Did a wine country tour in Santa Barbara, California

Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more next year?
I don't make New Year's Resolutions, so yes, yes I did keep them

Did anyone close to you give birth?
No...a few coworkers had babies, but no family members.


Did anyone close to you die?
Close to me, no.  But we did lose two of our wonderful Austin Garden Bloggers this year - one to heart failure and one to breast cancer.

What countries did you visit?
I'll have to use the definition of "if it's outside of Texas, it's a foreign country" to do this - New Mexico and California

What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn't have in 2012?
More vacations.

What dates in 2012 will be etched in your memory and why?
January 6 - the date of my surgery.  December 28 - the date Bond and David moved away.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Achievement?  I don't have achievements...

What was your biggest failure?
Not having a garden was my goal.  I failed miserably.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
I fell while running...does that count?

What was the best thing you bought?

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My family.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A bunch of those running for the republican nomination...

Where did most of your money go?
In order:  Home, Shopping, Food

What did you get really excited about?
Going to the San Diego Zoo

What song will always remind you of 2012?
???

Compared to this time last year, are you a) happier/sadder b)thinner/fatter and c)richer/poorer?
Happier, thinner and richer

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise...garden...organize...clean

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watch TV...worked late...eaten so many carbs...

How did you spend Christmas?
We went to Shawn's Parents' place for the day and then came home in time to meet my dad at our house to open gifts from my side of the family.

Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes - I fell for a nice little girl named Biscuit.  Also with Spots and Stripes.

What was your favorite TV program?
Suits...or maybe Warehouse 13.

What was the best book you read?
Andrea Wolf - Founding Gardeners

What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm counting Shawn's discovery - Fun!

What did you want and get?
My stand alone mirror for the bedroom

What did you want and not get?
A garden log...oh well, that's why I have a blog.

What was your favorite movie of 2012?
Probably a tie between Skyfall or Django Unchained.

What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
We probably ate out...or maybe not, I seem to remember working on out either my birthday or on our anniversary...  Anyhow, I turned 31.  I'm getting old.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting more done on my yard plan.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2012?
As per usual, plain colored T-shirts and jeans

What kept you sane?
Books, the interwebs, my friends and family.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Don't even get me started...  Take Santorum or Ryan and pretty much yeah, that sums it up...

Who did you miss?
My extended family.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Wag more, bark less.

1 comment:

Bond said...

Awwww, we made the list.