Monday, March 06, 2006

Brokeback crashed

I, like a lot of people, watched the Oscars. Although, I will say that I only watched the Oscars for Jon Stewart. And as such, I was sad that I missed the opening monologue. I did hear about a crack he made about Bjork and how Veep Cheney shot her. That was funny, I'm sure I would have been much happier if I had actually seen him say it.

Things I liked:
-Philip Seymour Hoffman getting best actor. I haven't seen Capote but I like him, so I'm glad.
-Reese Witherspoon getting Best actress. I haven't seen Walk the Line but I like her, so good!
-George Clooney's acceptance speech for best actor in a supporting role. I walked out of the living room to get something and said over my shoulder, "That means that he didn't get best Director!" and Shawn said "Why do you say that? More importantly, why is Clooney saying that right now?"
-Rachel Weis waddling up the stage to accept her oscar for best actress in a supporting role.
-The look on Reese Witherspoon's face when they showed the fake campaign for best actress.
-Jon Stewart!
-"Martin Scorsese: 0 oscars, 3-6 Mafia: 1 oscar"
-Presentations of Best makeup and best visual effects.
-Wallace and Gromit guys' bow ties for oscar
-Morgan Freeman standing in the wings watching the acceptance speech for "March of the Penguins"
-The one chick's right nipple making it's television debut. The lady in the orange dress--I swear when she went to hug her husband (producer for Crash), that her right boob fell out of her dress. But then, I can't find anything about it, so it probably didn't happen.

Things I didn't like:
-Reese Witherspoon's acceptance speech...
-Spielberg's reaction to Ben Stiller saying "this is blowing Spielberg's mind!"
-Selma Hayek's dress (I personally thought that it made her look like she just had one boob)
-Crash winning best picture...but then, I think I just wanted a movie with hot guys in it to win...and I don't consider Matt Dillon to be hot.
-Altman's end of his speech--"10 years ago I had a total heart replacement. I received the heart of a 39 year old woman I believe. Which means that I have another 40 years left in me." What?!?!? If you had thanked her and her family for giving you the heart so that you could live and therefore go on to continue making great movies, fine, but to say that you can live longer because of her heart...just...heartless.
-Charlize Theron's dress
-Naomi Watts's dress
-Michelle Williams's dress
-the guy in the Texas Tuxedo.


And, I think that's about it.

No comments: