Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Austin

Alison's friend, Janet, did this on her blog, and I haven't blogged in a while (though I promise I'll try to get back on a regular blogging schedule).

My Austin, TX

Age: 25
Occupation: Watershed Engineering
I lived there for: 2.5 years
I lived there because: My husband got a job before I did. Well, that's how the cookie crumbles.
My neighborhood: Anderson Mill
My favorite restaurant: The Melting Pot
If you go to this restaurant, be sure to order: Swiss Cheese fondue...it comes with Apples!
My favorite museum: Ha ha, museum, that's funny. I haven't been to any of the museums down here...Though I did finally go to the capital building last week.
My favorite tourist destination: mmmm....BatCon
Best insider spot: insider spot for what? music (uh...Emo's?)? bar (Gingerman's)? bikes (9th street trails)? pizza (south side flying pizza)? coffee shop (Austin Java)? Dog park (Bull Creek)?
My favorite area: I like hanging out downtown by the river.
Best place to go shopping: I like Barton Square Mall the best.
When you visit, don’t forget to pack: hot weather clothes and yet, a jacket.
The one local cuisine you should try when you’re in town is: Barbeque from Rudy's, or the Salt Lick
The best way to get around: If you're downtown--Walk.
If I had to describe this city in one word, it would be: un-Texan.
I tell my friends to stay at: Usually, they stay with us...otherwise I say the hotel down the street from our house.
The one thing most outsiders don’t know about this city is: Largest Mexican Free-tail urban bat colony lives under Congress Bridge.
They say “Virginia is for lovers.” So fill in the blank: Austin is for music nuts...and for people that like doing bar crawls...and for people who like bats.

No comments: