Monday, June 30, 2008

Nostalgia: Gummi Bears (TV)

Gummi Bears, the TV show, was a show that I don't think we ever really watched. I don't know why. I just know that the reason it brings back memories is because of Bath Time.

When Dani and I were little (like really little...like probably in the 5-year-old range), mom would always tell us "It's time for your bath! go get ready!" But really, how long does it take for a kid to get nekkid? less than a minute. That's how long.

So, needless to say, we'd be standing there nekkid, waiting for mom to turn on the water in the bathtub, and thus, obviously we needed to entertain ourselves for the 5-10 minutes it took from whenever WE were ready for our bath to when SHE was ready for our bath.

We decided the best entertainment was hopping around the house butt-ass nekkid singing "GUMMI BEARS! GUMMI BEARS!" at the top of our lungs over, and over, and over again. The goal, of course, was to be able to be hopping and screaming/singing for the ENTIRE time it took for mom to get ready. I wonder how many times she just let us do it to get us tuckered out...

As I said, we didn't ever watch the show that frequently (at least, not until later), but we knew the characters. And I was always Sunni. And I think Dani was always Cubbi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Gummi Bears were the best candy inspired cartoon that I can recall. Hmmm, it may be the only candy inspired cartoon that I can recall.

Dani said...

Yep I was cubbi the cute adventerous one. I really do remember the cartoon even some of the espoides... maybe it was when we were older... but I remember watching the show.