Saturday, February 17, 2007

Drivin' Drivin' Drivin'

So, I meant to blog on Thursday, but I forgot. Anyhow, this is the story I was going to tell:

Thursday morning, Todd and I go out to do Creek Crossings--which pretty much means that we drive around town looking at all the bridges, and if we see something that is caught under the bridge, or could otherwise cause/increase flooding, then we call it in to our field crews and have them come out and rectify the problem. We decided to do the crossings on the far north side of town because they're the furthest away from the office and will probably take the longest to do. At noon, we decide we should head back to work since Todd never eats out for lunch, and we're both starving. As we're driving back down to the office, we go by the new Asian Market and since Todd has a thing for Dichan Radish Kimchee, decide that we should stop in real quick to get the Kimchee. Less than 5 minutes later we're on our way.

We get back to the office at 1236, I call one of our coworkers who notoriously eats lunch late, to see if he's planning on going out. I get in Matt's car, and then, the suggestion is made that perhaps we (John had decided to join us) should go eat at First Chinese Restaurant (Which has the best Chinese barbecued pork and duck). Guess where First Chinese Restaurant is. Bet you'll never get it...

It's up by the Asian Market.

so I get back to work at like 2 pm...6 hours straight away from my triangicule (I've decided that since my cubicule is not, in fact, a cube, but much more of a triangle shape, that I shall refer to it as my triangicule)...and let me tell you, it was glorious.

2 comments:

Dani said...

that's sad... but at least you picked up people to go with you.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't checked out First Chinese BBQ, dangit...