Sunday, October 28, 2007

TV questionnaire

Moonlight will be canceled soon. I can feel it. Also, it does not help that the opening credits are craptacular. I think the only other credits I've seen on par with these is Raines. And look how long that show lasted.

But I digress. I have a bit of an obsession with Moonlight...alright, it's more of a guilty pleasure, but still, I watch it. I don't watch it on TV when it airs, I watch it online with limited commercial interruption. And I have come up with a questionnaire about shows:

1. Which TV vampire is the best?
a) Drusilla from Buffy
b) Spike from Buffy
c) Angel from Buffy/Angel
d) Josef from Moonlight
e) Mick from Moonlight
Answer: Honestly, I have to go with Mick. But this is mostly because I find him less sullen and sulky than Angel, and better looking than Spike. Actually, I think if Angel was always 'bad' then I would have taken this category. Also, Dru was up there because she was so awesome with the random crap: "I've named all the stars. But there is great confusion because I've named them all the same name" "Dru, sweetheart, we're inside, you can't see the stars. Besides, it's daylight." Also, Jason Dohring can't pull off Josef. He does great playing a high school bad boy. Not so great at a 400-year-old vamp.

2. Which Private Investigator would you hire?
a) Veronica Mars
b) Keith Mars
c) Mick St. John
d) Angel (I think he was a PI wasn't he? in the spinoff show?)
Answer: Obviously the answer is A. Because nothing can top V making fun of the people she's trying to help.

3. Best Crime fighting team:
a) V. Mars, Mac, Wallace, and grudgingly Piz
b) Mick and Beth
c) Buffy, Xander, Willow and Oz
d) CSI: Miami cast
e) CSI: NY cast
f) CSI: LV cast
g) Shark's team of DAs
Answer: None of the above. House and the Cottages would win (hey, I can consider MRSA and Ergot poisoning a crime syndicate can't I?) But, no, if I had to actually choose from the above grouping, I would choose the Buffy Clan because not only did they solve their given crimes with wit and aplomb, but they also had time to ace their finals.

4. Best Cross over show:
a) CSI: LV to CSI: Miami
b) CSI: Miami to CSI: NY
c) Jag to NCIS
d) Buffy to Angel
e) CSI: LV to Without a Trace
Answer: Even though it hasn't aired yet, I'm going with the CSI: Las Vegas to Without a Trace. Actually, the show I'd most like to cross over is Criminal Minds to CSI: LasVegas.

5. Best change to a vampire:
a) Moonlight (blue/gray eyes, fangs)
b) Buffy/Angel (cromagon brows and fangs)
Answer: Buffy/Angel by a landslide.

6. Best Ensemble cast:
a) Heroes
b) House
c) any of the CSIs
Answer: Heroes. Duh. Did you really think I was going to choose the red headed step child of CBS?

7. Most Surreal show:
a) Moonlight
b) Journeyman
c) Quantum Leap
d) Reaper
e) Pushing Daisies
Answer: I'm going with Pushing Daisies on this one because it's so Big Fish and ultra saturated.

8. Which is the better time travel show:
a) Journeyman
b) Quantum Leap
Answer: Quantum Leap. Ah Scott Bakula, where have you been? You know, Journeyman should have Scott Bakula guest star once...it'd be awesome if they could get the guy that played Ziggy as well.

9. Best Pet:
a) Eddie on Frasier
b) Backup on Veronica Mars
c) Digby on Pushing Daisies
d) Steve McQueen on House
Answer: There are only 4 options because I can't think of any other TV shows that have pets...weird, especially considering something like 50% of people have pets. Anyhow, I'd go with Backup. Never go anywhere without Backup. However, it seemed the writers would forget about him for about 5 episodes at a time. At least Digby's been in every epi so far of Pushing Daisies...and Eddie was in a bunch of episodes of Frasier...So the writers for those shows get special kudos for continuity. And Steve lost out because he was only on like 3 episodes of House. Though, the writers did bring him back for the season finale (House needed a rat to test a theory and he at least knew that Steve McQueen was clean as House had been taking care of him for months).

10. Best mid-20's something playing a highschool student:
a) Sarah Michelle Gellar
b) Kristen Bell
c) Jason Dohring
d) Alison Hannigan
e) Tina Majorino
Answer: Hayden Panatierre because she actually IS 18. Oh wait, she wasn't an option. Right. Uh Tina Majorino then.

11. Which show should be canceled based off the craptacularness of their opening credits?
a) Moonlight
b) Raines
c) Shark
Answer: Raines. Duh. Though, as I said, Moonlight is very similar to Raines. And Shark's opening credits remind me of 90210 for some reason. Numbers should be on this list, but they fixed their opening credits by getting rid of them. Which is good.

12. Which show has the best opening credits?
a) the Office
b) Chuck
c) CSI
d) Criminal Minds
Answer: It's a tie between Chuck and Criminal Minds. Though I think Chuck edges out ahead because of the use of the generic 'men' symbol most commonly seen on bathroom doors (or in Catch Me if You Can).

No comments: