Saturday, April 04, 2009

A lazy weekend at home

So far today I've cleaned both bathrooms and done 2 loads of laundry...and it only sucks because there's at least another 2 loads to do, plus the litterboxes really need to be completely cleaned out AND the kitchen needs a deep cleaning very badly.

And this is why I wish I worked part time.

My mom works part time and has a system--the bathrooms are cleaned on Wednesday, the house is vacuumed on Friday, and the kitchen is cleaned after dinner every day. For me on the other hand, it's much more like: The bathrooms are cleaned when they look positively disgusting or if we have people coming over, the house is vacuumed whenever Shawn gets around to it or when we have people coming over, and the kitchen is cleaned maybe once a week, of course when we have people coming over, I'll deep clean the kitchen about 3 weeks out and then keep everything orderly and clean for the time until after the party. Are we seeing a theme? That's right, I apparently just need to have people come over every other week.

Maybe I just need to get a cleaning service. Ah...that would sure be nice wouldn't it?

1 comment:

bond said...

I agree; having people over is the best motivation to clean!