Sunday, April 11, 2010

Flowers

As I've been studying for the P.E. exam (which is this Friday, eek!), I haven't been blogging much (for those of you who follow my gardening blog, it just SEEMS like I'm blogging lots over there--I've been creating multiple entries on one day and then scheduling them to be doled out over the week. I only don't do that for this blog because this one tends to have events and thoughts more so than pictures. Though maybe I should do more pictures. Yay for easy blog entries! But I digress...)

Anyhow, yesterday I studied with two of my fellow initiates at the office from 930 til 630 with an hour or so for lunch. When I came home, I found these on the table:

Now then, I know what you're thinking: 1) Wow, your husband is so nice. and 2) Why is your calculator still in its original packaging? Aren't you supposed to be, you know, USING it to study?

And the answers to these thoughts are as follows:
1) It was not my husband who got these flowers for me, but my Mom and Dad. In fact, I walked in, Shawn was on the phone with his mom, and I saw the flowers, gave him a questioning look and his response was "don't look at me, I didn't get them for you." and I was like "yes, well, duh. They're obviously from a florist and not from the grocery store."

2) I have been using my calculator to study. BUT I didn't have a backup calculator and my current calculator does this weird thing where it sometimes won't register that you've pressed a key, so you have to mash down on the keys to get them to work. Therefore I decided I needed to get a secondary calculator in order to give myself options during the test.

No comments: