Friday, January 20, 2006

When promulgatin'

so, I figure I'll explain where I got the title for my blog...yep, to all zero of you people who read my blog...but just in case one person reads it someday, I figure you can leave a little bit smarter...yep, smarter I say.

Well, I got this from a Marilyn Vos Savant article when I was in high school. and without further delay, here is the paragraph:

When promulgating your isoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosopical and psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your verbal evaporations have lucidity, intelligibility and veracious vivactiy without rodomontade or thespian bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic profundity, pompus propensity and sophomoric vacuity.

In other words: Don't use big words.

No comments: