Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ethiopian Food

Today was my first foray into Ethiopian Food. And yes, it really is more than bread and water.

I'm not sure that I really like it (as in I'll eat it again, but I probably won't be the one making the suggestion). The food would be much better with Naan instead of the Injera. Injera looks like a crepe, and it tastes kinda like sourdough. I actually liken the texture to that of the foam wrapping stuff that is put around LCD panels. I didn't find the spicy foods nearly as spicy as indian food, but there was definitely more cinnamon used than in indian food. Also, this was my first go at lentils (which I will likely eat again). I think my biggest problem with African, Middle Eastern, and Indian food is the texture--I will 100% refuse to eat a food if the texture is 'off'. This is why I don't eat most beans--the texture isn't what I'm expecting. I think that's the reason why I think naan would be better with the food.

1 comment:

The Spiteful Chef said...

I thought Ethiopians didn't have any food, and that's why so many flies had to land on them.