Saturday, May 02, 2009

Yellowstone

So we're taking a trip to Yellowstone over the summer and Shawn has decided that we need to do some practice backpacking. Which is only kinda funny because we're still not taking everything that we'd need to take on the Yellowstone trip (like all the long sleeved shirts and everything). So I guess the only thing about this practice backpacking that's actually practice is the fact that we're taking our normal DSLR cameras and hiking 6 miles.

Update: Fail! okay, no, not really, but we did fail in so much as we only hiked about 4.5 miles instead of the 6.5. Shawn says he's totally beat and that WE need to start exercising lest hiking the 6 miles in Yellowstone do us in. I laughed at him. I mean really, the first day kinda sucked and I'm glad that we only hiked 4.5 miles in, but on the way out I think I could have done another 2. Besides, we did the 4.5 miles in about 2.5 hours both days. And it's amazing what a 10 degree difference makes. Besides, if this whole "we need to exercise" thing gets me to continue running 5 k once a week, then I say it has accomplished something.

No comments: