1. I am a girl.
2. I like to admire shoes.
3. I will not buy shoes unless I have to, or they're a really good deal.
4. Furthermore, I will buy shoes over the internet, but only if I check the sizes in person first (ala JCrew, Banana Republic, Etc).
5. My family has learned, and Shawn is starting to, that you do not bother me when I am shoe shopping. It is best to drop me off somewhere and say "see you in an hour" than subject yourself to the hell that is me looking for shoes. Nothing ever fits, I don't like the colors, and then I start to get snappy.
6. Once I discovered that I didn't have to wear girl shoes, I bought my shoes from the skate store by going in, looking at their clearance section and finding the first 6.5 size shoe available--as long as it didn't totally appall me, I bought them. This is how I have ended up with shoes with a skeleton foot on the bottom of them.
7. I bought my running shoes last time by going to the store and letting the sales lady tell me what I needed/wanted. "Here, these 3 pairs will work great for you. Now go run around the store in each pair, get the one that is most comfortable"
8. I am now on the search for both normal everyday shoes and running shoes.
9. Dammit. This is going to really suck.
10. Well, at least I bought some shoes for Yellowstone. Now I hope they just make it through the trip. And at $20 special from Academy, they just really need to make it through the trip for me to be happy.