Friday, September 04, 2009

Engine Block

On talking with my coworker today about the grad schools he was thinking of going to, one of which, was in Missoula, Montana:

"So I was talking to the admissions director and he told me that they had enough on-campus apartments for all the grad students. Actual apartments, not just dorms. And he mentioned that they had engine block warmers in all of the garages. And that's when I asked 'What's an engine block warmer?' and there was silence on the other end of the line.

"Then I asked 'Is that like when you have to run the heat in the car because the engine is overheating during the summer?'

"and the Admissions guy said 'Really? It gets hot enough down there that your car overheats in the summer?'

"'well, yeah. Yours doesn't?'

"'hmm...You should really come up here in the winter before agreeing to go to grad school here.'

No comments: