Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nostalgia

I don't know why I thought of it today...

Back in the day (about a month after I.V. adopted us as her peoples), Bob and Elsie (aka the inlaws) came to stay with us. They had decided that rather than stay in Austin all week, they were going to stay with us for a few days, head down to San Antonio for a few, and then come back to stay with us at the end of the week.

Not 15 minutes after they walked out of the house to go down to San Antonio, I.V. very purposefully walked into the guest room (aka drum room). She then very purposefully walked over the bed to the center. And then she very purposefully popped a squat and peed on the bed.

And for whatever reason, I found it hysterical.

Then I spent the rest of the day washing the bedspread and sheets.

4 comments:

The Spiteful Chef said...

That's what I.V. thinks of San Antonio! We're going to Austin City Limits. Are you?

Jon said...

I used to do the same thing after my inlaws would leave...

katina said...

We aren't going to go to ACL, but let me know if you want to get together for dinner or something.

my coworker has the schedule up in his office--I'm just disappointed that the Preservation Jazz Hall Band is going to play and I knew nothing about it until yesterday.

The Spiteful Chef said...

Hell yes. Let's meet for dinner somewhere on Friday night. We're staying at the Omni downtown, and probably will be drinking during the day and not want to drive too far off, but we're down for a good, longish walk to get away from the crowds and have a schweet dinner. Our friend Max from Colorado is flying out and joining us, so it'd be the 5 of us (and anyone else you want to invite, of course).

Let me know. You have my number still right? And do you text? I can't remember.