Thursday, February 02, 2006

10 things that may or may not have anything to do with this post

Just what my poor, poor, sad mind thinks about throughout the day...although I will say that most of these only really pertain to today.

1. As I was driving to work, I thought about how my dentist appointment was canceled for today. I'm not so much pissed about the fact that it was canceled, just the fact that it was canceled and I made the appointment like 2 weeks ago...don't they have rules about this stuff--if you're going to take a vacation, you need to get it in the books at least 2 weeks in advance? I don't know, maybe that's just me because I worked in retail.

2. Saw the wierd guy again today. The wierd guy is some guy who works on a different floor than I do, but every once in a while when I get to work early, I see him leaving the men's bathroom with a newspaper. Now then, why would a guy from a different floor use the bathroom on our floor and be carrying a newspaper. Yeah, I think he's "making stinky poops" as Mrs. Poochie would say. Which I must say, if this is the case, he would be the first guy in the history of every male I know that would actually use a public restroom to do a doodie...Most guys would rather die from their intestines exploding than use a public restroom for that.

3. Meetings take up a lot of time. I was in meeting for about 4 hours today. I guess it is a good thing that my dentist appointment was canceled, I would have missed it.

4. I hate getting up early in the morning, it makes me tired.

5. Why do I never leave enough time to get to the doctor's office on time? I only was 5 minutes late so that was good, but I was driving like a madman on the highway.

6. I hate going to the doctor--mostly because I never go when I'm sick, I go to have various tests re-done because all of my tests come back abnormal. And as such, I always think they're going to find something horribly wrong with me, which makes me nervous which makes my blood pressure, pulse and temperature go up, so they think that all these "normal" readings are way too high and so they always tell me to "calm down, exercise, and we think you may be sick"

7. Got my potassium blood tests redone. The girl that took my blood is a damn good blood-drawer-person. It only took about 30 seconds. The first time I got blood drawn, it took about 30 minutes and they had to do both arms, and they couldn't find a vein, and it hurt quite a bit. The second time I got blood drawn took about 10 minutes because the lady barely missed a vein, but it didn't hurt. And this time? This time was grand! 30 seconds, I kid you not, and it only hurt a little bit. I think I may have to find out who this girl is and send her flowers. Although I did give her a compliment, I believe I said something like "Damn! you're good!" when she told me I could leave. She seemed to like it--she had a big grin on her face and laughed...I think that's a good sign, right?

8. I've noticed this down here in Texas, when I say something that uses a "non" cuss word (aka cuss words they say on TV), people seem to think it's funny or cute. The vet loved it when I said that we refer to our cat as "itchy, bitchy, hivey, I.V." The blood-drawing-tech laughed when I said "Damn"...wierdos...granted, I remember when one of my co-workers in Colorado learned that I listen to Guttermouth. He was just pissed because he was always watching himself to make sure he didn't cuss in front of me...and then found out I listen to music about "Lucky the luckiest donkey" --a donkey in a donkey show in Mexico.

9. I like teleworking into work. But I wouldn't be able to telework in all the time because my cats seem to like it when I get home early/stay home alone so then I have to deal with them trying to sit on my lap to get petted, or rubbing their chins on my hands while I'm typing, or trying to catch the little mouse pointer on the screen. Not to mention that my monitor at work is a brand new 19" slim panel and therefore I have to scroll all over the place on my laptop to find things on my desktop.

10. I've finally decided that I'm going to buy an I-pod Nano. I may even be nice and get Shawn one for Valentine's day.

And there you go ladies and gentlemen(oh, who am I kidding? Dani and Mom are the only ones that read this), The top ten thoughts that ran through my head today.

Also, this year will be the 25th anniversary of the "Memorial Day Flood" in Austin. That flood killed 13 people and caused $36 million in damages.

No comments: