Friday, September 19, 2008

Birthday Parties

So...

We're going to a birthday party for a 2-year-old. I don't know what to get a 2-year-old girl.

Sigh...

So, if you need us, we'll be the weird people hanging out at the Toys R Us without kids obsessively asking people what they would get for a 2-year-old girl.

On a side note, while perusing the Toys R Us website, I came upon these toys called "furberries" They are exactly like Popples, only apparently motorized and scented because you push a button to get the stuffed animal to come out. [old lady voice] Why, back in MY day we had no such thing as motorized stuffed animals and we had to pull the pouch over the animals instead of pushing some new fangled button!" [/old lady voice]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love going to toy stores!! I always find toys I want. Sometimes I get them and then realize I don't have any time to actually play with them.

Kids are tough to buy for until they get past the choking hazard age (3, I guess?). I always buy books for baby presents. Most kids have too many toys already, but one can never have too many books (speaking of that - I started the dog book and I really like it)!!

The Spiteful Chef said...

Speaking of parties, you should have one and invite me. I'm bored out of my wee skull up here and if I don't socialize to the point of being a drunk-ass in front of strangers soon, well, I'll probably just die.

I come complete with a golden retriever and a handsome doctor. And probably food.

Alternately, you can come down here. But be forewarned, you will be the only two here.

katina said...

ha...well, I don't know when our next party will be--so far the only thing that is guaranteed is that we'll likely have French Onion Soup night either on President's Day weekend, or on MLK day weekend.

Of course you'll probably dislike the French Onion Soup, but I promise you'll like the Beignets.

The Spiteful Chef said...

Um, I love french onion soup. And beignets. I don't know when those holidays are, though, on account of they're not the kind of holiday where you get presents.

The Spiteful Chef said...

I looked. Those are far. We might have to host something down here at some point. How would you feel about a trip Down Under (only without the kangaroos, fun accents, or goodness of any kind)?

Anonymous said...

heehee. I loved this entry :)