Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cook Club: Week 10

Week 10.  Since we only used half of the pork tenderloin, we still had a half of a tenderloin.  Enter Weber's Big Book of Grilling.

Cedar Smoked Pork Loin with Pineapple Salsa.

So we didn't have a cedar plank...nor fresh pineapple, but otherwise we followed the recipe (using canned pineapple).  It included a rub of fresh sage, paprika, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.  I'm not sure I'd go through the hassle of using the fresh herbs (even though I now have both in my garden) if we make this again.  The salsa was delicious - could stand to be spicier (that's what we'll do next time, add more pepper).

We'll be making this one again since both Shawn and I liked it.

Shawn decided earlier in the week that he wanted to make Butternut Squash Soup from scratch.  He went through the trouble of making it, and I'm sure he got the recipe from the interwebs.  It was delicious, especially with some cream added to it. We will be having that in the future as well.

No comments: