Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cook Club: Week 9

The postponed pork tenderloin was made the following weekend.  I got the recipe from the Betty Crocker cook book that I've had since college.

I believe the title of the recipe is Dijon Peach Glazed Pork Loin (or something to that effect).  It's like stupid simple to make - Dijon mustard, peach preserves, salt, oil and thyme marinade.  It did smell like burning sugar whilst in the oven though - so I'd recommend wiping down the meat before baking it - or do it on a grill maybe.

In the end, I really liked it, but Shawn was not a fan.  Not surprising since he doesn't like mustard.  I made it hoping that the mustard would not blatantly obvious (the potluck mac and cheese recipe uses dijon mustard, but you'd never even know).  If I make this in the future, it will either be for guests -or- I won't use as much mustard (if any).  Shawn did at least say that it tasted good enough that he'd be willing to try it again with less (or no) mustard.

We ate the tenderloin with a salad and some grapes - I would have made "pecan biscuits" from the same book but we didn't have any Bisquick mix on hand (so I'll have to make those some other time).

No comments: