Saturday, June 16, 2007

The bitch about getting older

is that you never seem to be the same size you were in high school. If you are one of the few people that was bigger in high school than you are now, then you are a rare person indeed. As for the rest of us, we have invariably gotten bigger. And it's not just gaining weight. In fact, it has nothing to do with gaining weight and everything to do with just spreading out.

To illustrate this point: I decided to order clothes online yesterday. I decided to buy pants. The last time I did this, I just went for the smallest size that Eddie Bauer had (2), and actually, it was still too large. However, when I ordered pants from LL Bean, I got a size larger (4), which also happened to be the smallest size they had, and they fit fine. So then, what sizes do you get at Old Navy and JCrew? I decided to use the sizing charts. Oh the sizing charts. And when looking at the sizing charts, it was then that I realized I was still using my measurements from high school. And I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be grand to get my measurements now?" And so, I went and got out some string and the tape measure. And what I learned: I've gotten 1.5" larger everywhere (well, except for inseam...I stopped growing taller by the time I was a senior). And this, of course, puts me squarely between sizes. DAMN.

But, on the plus side, that means my boobs are bigger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go bigger boobs!!! I tried on a JCrew dress the other week.... beautiful... it was a 2 and it was too small... but a 4 was way too big... poohy!
Dani