Sunday, September 30, 2007

College Football

I'm not a big football fan. In fact, I don't have a favorite team. I'm one of those people that likes to watch a good game and I could care less who is playing. But I went over to a friend's house yesterday and watched the KSU vs UT game. Which of course means that throughout the game they were giving updates on the other college games happening that day...and my god, it was like upset city:

CU (unranked) beat Oklahoma (#3) by 3 points off of a field goal kicked in the last few seconds of the game.

Kansas State (unranked) beat UT (#7) by 21 points.

Auburn (unranked) beat Florida U(#4) by 3 points...again off of a field goal kicked in the last few seconds of the game.

Illinois (unranked) beat Penn State (#21) 27-20.

Maryland (unranked) beat Rutgers (#10) 34-24

Georgia Tech (unranked) beat Clemson (#13) 13-3 (and Clemson's 3 points came from a field goal in the first quarter)

Florida State (unranked) beat Alabama (#22) 21-14

South Florida (#18) beat West Virginia (#5) 21-13

And as far as blowouts go, Texas Tech beat Northwestern by 68 points. And Arkansas beat North Texas by 59 points.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually skipped watching the UT game to see 3:10 to Yuma (it was okay), but I'm glad I missed our ignominious defeat. I guess the only saving grace is that so many others lost.

Anonymous said...

Since today is the Great Delurking Day, I must comment on your page. You always leave a tid bit for me, so I should damn well return the favor right? Thanks for always leaving me a comment. Your blog is great and it makes me laugh. Are you a fellow Buff? I think you are!