Monday, July 30, 2007

Proactiv

Yeah, I guess the stuff is alright. And I might buy it if it wasn't $45 for some face cleanser, toner and lotion. Plus I've come to a conclusion: If you wash your face two times a day with any sort of soap you will prevent zits. The only product I actually really did like was the Refining Mask...but then, I can probably find roughly the same product made by Neutragena at Target.

My biggest problem was the fact that the cleanser and the lotion dried out my skin too much. Plus, I swear that Benzoyl Peroxide doesn't prevent any zits (for me). I think this is why I liked the refining mask so much--it had salicylic acid. And using the cleanser and lotion once every 3 days just wasn't helping....at all. Plus, it makes the crap last forever...I mean seriously, they had me on a special plan that I would get a new shipment of stuff once every 6 months...I don't think I used half the product by the time they were supposed to send me a new shipment.

So, I canceled my 'subscription' [Aside] That's another thing, I hated this "we'll ship you the stuff every month, even if you don't need it!" attitude--Dude, if I like your product I'll get it again, but if it's just so-so, then no, I won't. Deal with it. [/Aside] The first time I called, the guy convinced me to just wash my face less frequently, and they'd ship me a new set of the product after 6 months. I got to the time when they were supposed to send another shipment and I called them back and was like "dude, haven't finished the first set you sent--it dries out my skin too much, and it's causing me to break out more than it's preventing breakouts." And this is when the salesguy brings up the fact that they have special "for sensitive skin" stuff. With Salicylic Acid. But by then I was done. I'm sorry, that's it. You had your chance to give me other stuff, you didn't. You failed, Proactiv. You failed!

So, would I suggest it? No. But that doesn't mean that it hasn't worked well for other people. In fact, the only reason I tried it was because it got glowing reviews from two of my friends, and none of my other friends had tried it and I figured "what have I got to lose?" So, I guess what I'm trying to say is "figure out what works better for you, Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid. If it's Benzoyl, then get Proactiv, but if you prefer Salicylic, then don't bother blowing your money on Proactiv, get some Noxzema Microbead cleanser instead."

No comments: