Monday, February 04, 2008

Do you know my name?

So, as it can be ascertained, I don't exactly have a common name. And it is a name that can be confused quite easily with other names.

As such, it's pretty easy to know who remembers me. Mostly because they'll either screw up my name, or they'll be too scared to screw it up so they just take the whole "hey! it's....YOU!" approach.

I have gotten used to this. It has taken Shawn until recently to get used to this.

Anyhow, while Shawn was in Boulder, he ran into one of our old roommates. And he asked "How's Katrina?" and Shawn went ahead and answered him without correcting because what's the point really? it's not like either one of us ever sees him any more.

But still, it's funny.

Especially since we lived with this guy for a full year.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has called me "Thomas", or spelled my name "John", so I feel your pain, Concertina.

katina said...

yeah, but your name IS Thomas.