Friday, February 15, 2008

The Entertainment: The suggestions

Things I would recommend doing/seeing while in Vegas (some are free, some are for a fee):

The Aquarium at Mandalay Bay ($15 a few years ago--but they have sea turtles, thus it is worth every penny. If you go later at night, then there's not nearly as many people there to get in the way.)
Tournament of Kings at Excalibur (dinner and entertainment)
Lions at the MGM Grand (free)
Food Court at New York, New York (free)
Lost City at Planet Hollywood (free)
Village Buffet at Paris
Fountains at the Bellagio (free)
Botanical Gardens at the Bellagio (free)
Art Museum at the Bellagio ($18, so make sure it's something you want to see--when I went for my 21st birthday it was Czar Nicholas II collection, this last time it was contemporary painters of America)
Shops at Caesar's (or just wandering around searching for all the statues--they have a life size replica of Michaelangelo's David--free)
Volcano at the Mirage (free)
Dolphins at the Mirage (back in the day they had 'cheap days' where you got to see the dolphins, but not the Secret Garden. It was $10 cheaper and seeing the tigers and lions was actually pretty boring...so if they still have that deal, do just the dolphins)
Sirens of TI show (free)
Shops at the Venetian (and I'm still waiting to go on a Gondola ride--shopping is free, gondola rides are like $15...but usually a 75 minute wait)
Blue Man Group at the Venetian
See a Cirque Show (Alegria at TI, Ka at the MGM, O at the Bellagio, Love at the Mirage, or Zumanity at New York, New York)
Television City at MGM if you're looking to kill about an hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of these days I'll have to go to Vegas. It never sems to top my list of where I absolutely want to go before I die, but it's much closer ad cheaper than most of the places on my list!!! I'm sure I'd have fun!